Custom Made Nets for Every Purpose
At Commercial Netmakers, we create custom netting solutions for customers throughout Perth and Australia wide to suit an incredible range of purposes. We have more than 35 years of experience providing top quality nets; we design, manufacture, and install nets for clients in industries ranging from mining to horticulture to sports.
Some Uses for Our Custom Netting
Our team is headed by one of Australia’s only fully qualified net riggers, George Williamson. Under his direction, we can create any kind of net for any purpose, such as:
- Fauna/Personal Egress and protection nets – these are perfect for both escape nets and excluding pests while protecting wildlife, personnel and equipment
- Nets for all kinds of sporting needs including goal nets, dividing barriers for Futsal and cricket, and perimeter nets.
- Safety nets, including barrier nets and fall prevention nets.
- A wide range of nets for industrial purposes, especially in mining. These include tie down nets, cyclone nets, egress nets, BSEN safety nets for fall arrest, container cover, shade nets, and much more.
- Nets for horticultural and agricultural uses, such as protecting crops from birds, hail, the wind, and Shade.
- Environmental netting to protect flora and fauna.
Knotted Nets and Knitted Nets
In the past, most soft netting was constructed using the knotted method, and traditionally used in fishing and other applications. However with the advancement of manufacturing processes we now have the woven or knitted netting, used extensively in safety netting and horticulture. Our top of the range netting is the knitted type as it performs well under tension and can be manufactured in wide widths.
Types of Netting Material
One of the most common – and traditional – materials for custom netting is, of course, rope. But there are many other options available, such as:
- Polypropylene netting: polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer providing good chemical and heat resistance at a reasonable cost. It is also rugged and resistant to many chemical solvents, bases, and acids, making it ideal for many types of custom made nets.
- Polyethylene netting: Polyethylene is the most popular plastic. The netting we use is high density polyethylene (HDPE) known for its large strength-to-density ratio providing better tensile strength. HDPE is flexible, weatherproof and resistant to many chemicals.
- Polyamide/nylon: nylon is an excellent choice for a range of custom netting applications as it is strong, flexible, and has good thermal and chemical resistance. As nylon tends to absorb moisture from its surrounding, we recommend nylon netting for indoor applications.
Get in Touch
To discuss custom made nets for your needs in Perth or Western Australia, contact us today by calling (08) 9434 6000 or enquiring online.